Background

"For attractive lips, speak works of kindness.
For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day.
For poise, walk with the knowledge you'll never walk alone."

-Audrey Hepburn

Friday, July 16, 2010

Jumping on the Bandwagon...

I have wrestled with the idea of starting a blog for quite some time. Will I even have anything worthwhile to write about? Who would want to read what I have to say anyway? Will it end up with all my new year's resolutions...goals...or to do lists, after two weeks...when all the motivation and novelty is gone... abandoned and pushed aside by all of life's business?
I loved writing e-mails from China because each one was filled with different...exciting news and stories. There was nothing "every-day" about life in China...and I LOVED sharing. It became a passion...I began to write down EVERYTHING...knowing that it was only a matter of time before my days would become faded memories. I have been home from China for two years now and my letters, originally for family and friends, have become one of the greatest treasures in my life. I find myself re-living those days in China...laughing and crying as I read...remembering how amazing those six months were...and how I saw the hand of God in my life EVERY day.
So...although blogging is usually intended for its readers...my attempt at blogging is more for me than anyone else. My hope is that even if no one reads of cares about what I write, like my letters from China, I can look back at each entry...laugh...cry...shake my head...and remember how amazing my life is even when I am not in another country...but MOST importantly...so I can look back and see the hand of the Lord.

No comments: