Background

"For attractive lips, speak works of kindness.
For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day.
For poise, walk with the knowledge you'll never walk alone."

-Audrey Hepburn

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Lessons Learned

These last few weeks starting my new life in a big city...has taught me a LOT... 
  • If I had no source of Divine help and my life was left completely up to me...it would be a MESS!!!
  • There is no point in trying to do your hair...because within 5 minutes it has wilted
  • Always take something to read on the metro...it makes you look more intelligent...and gives you something to do
  • Take a seperate pair of comfy shoes to wear to and from work...cuts down on the blisters
  • Don't smile at everyone you see on the street...some men will take it the wrong way...
  • This is not Utah...everything is more... colorful: the faces...the language...the styles...
One of my favorite lessons:

This last week I went through the self-checkout lane at Giant (don't know why...I hate them) and forgot that I requested $20 cash back.  Luckily Annette was in the next lane...so while I helped her another man came through my lane and asked me if I had used that lane.  Confused...I asnwered, "Yes". 

He smiled and help up the $20 bill!  After thanking him over and over he said, "I just wanted to show you that there are some honest people left in this world."

It doesn't matter where you live...what the crime rate is...there are good people everywhere...thank heaven for that!

No comments: