Background

"For attractive lips, speak works of kindness.
For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day.
For poise, walk with the knowledge you'll never walk alone."

-Audrey Hepburn

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Now that is what I call Ironic...

So....I left my phone on a bench at a bus stop....shocker... I didn't realize it until several stops later...panicked...got off the bus and ran (skirt, dress shoes, purse...ALL flying and bouncing about) down several blocks of Crystal City back to the bus stop.  I arrived back at the bench only to find my phone in the hands of some young thug...who honestly looked like a member of a gang...remember those fears I had of getting shot...yeah...well...so did I...

What was I supposed to do???  You know what they say...."Desperate times..." I stand up straight...square my shoulders, boldly march up to him with the most intimidating look I could muster...hand out..."Can I have my phone?"...trying to keep my voice steady.  He looked up at me surprised...then with a disapointed smile handed it over!!! 

That is RIGHT!  "Look at me and my BAD SELF!!" 

Now in my attempt to learn from my past mistakes and prevent future ones (cause I know that it was an act of divine intervention that things turned out the way they did)  I am not only scatter brained...but PARANOID!  I check to make sure I have my phone...keys....or wallet...every 10-15 minutes!  I look like a complete idiot as I suddenly stop wherever I am...sidewalk...metro platform...etc...and pat myself down or look through my purse just to make sure I didn't leave/lose anything....because let's be honest...I don't have the best track record...

No comments: