Background

"For attractive lips, speak works of kindness.
For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day.
For poise, walk with the knowledge you'll never walk alone."

-Audrey Hepburn

Monday, July 19, 2010

MY POOR NERVES

I have always felt like I have had a pretty good grasp on my life... I am usually organized... have a sharp memory....etc.  I remember growing up...watching friends or family who seemed so scattered and spacey, constantly losing this or that...I could NOT understand.

Well...in the last year...I HAVE BECOME THAT PERSON!!!  I don't know if it is the stress...or premature senility setting in...but I feel like my attempt to keep that same "grasp" on my life has become a big joke...almost like convincing myself I can still do the splits...embarrassing...and VERY painful. 

I am only in my mid twenties for heavens sake!  Shouldn't this be the time when I am mentally and physically at the top of my game???  I am too young to be feeling this old!  And it will only get worse.....PANIC!!!!

Keys...phone...debit card...all VERY important...and for some reason I never seem to have them ALL at the same time.  At least one is ALWAYS missing...then the minute I find it....I lose one of the other items.  Something is seriously wrong...(I blame it on a curse...that means it is out of my control...right???)  I went several months unable to find my debit card earlier this year only to find it under one of the couch cushions...and the NEXT day....what happens?  My phone went missing...for several weeks....

Now I find myself....scatter-brained and all...in Washington D.C....anyone else a little nervous???

So far...nothing disastrous...or at least nothing I couldn't handle.....

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

My Dad always called in Muggle Baiting: i.e. "my keys are shrunken so I can't see them".

On a more important note, congratulations on your bouncing baby blog! I will definitely have check in regularly.

And please know that if ever you get in a bind I'm only 30 minutes away.

loves